Fwd: cygwin/w2k client unstable

Greger Cronquist greger_cronquist at yahoo.se
Thu Oct 17 08:15:01 EST 2002

I have a w2k machine with the latest cygwin and rsync
2.5.5 (the one distributed with cygwin) running in
daemon mode. When I sync from a linux station (also
rsync 2.5.5) in command-line mode everything works
perfectly. However, when I sync from another w2k
cygwin machine, also in command-line mode, same rsync
version, rsync often quits or hangs.

I use the exact same parameters on both machines, the
only difference (apart from OS) is that the connection
to the linux machine is slower.

Are these known problems, and if so, are there any
work-arounds? I'd like to be able to, safely, rsync
between two windows machines.

TIA, Greger

## My command-line:
/home/greger/rsync --delete -Pzav --bwlimit=10
192.168.2.103::g/Documents\ and\ Settings/Greger\
Cronqvist /home/greger/backup

## My daemon call:

cygrunsrv -I "rsyncd" -d"RSYNC Daemon" --path
/usr/bin/rsync --args '--config=/etc/rsyncd.conf
--no-detach --daemon' -e CYGWIN='binmode tty ntsec'