rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer

Shahreza, Shabnam Shabnam.Shahreza at itsis.ie
Mon Oct 14 15:07:01 EST 2002

Hi there;

Although I have seen a few people had the same problem but can't figure out
eventually what they have done to resolve it! This is why I ask this again.

I have configured rsync to be run as a daemon server and run the following
command line. What could be wrong that I get this error: [I have no problem
with the reverse function, I mean if we call this one as 'put' I can 'get']

# ./rsync -r /tmp/sbnm tivdevtec1::rsync

rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer

rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(162)

Cheers;

-- Sbnm