rsync now available for Stratus VOS

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Tue Oct 8 16:24:01 EST 2002

I have just uploaded a port of rsync version 2.5.5 to the VOS anonymous ftp
site. rsync is a fast, incremental file transfer program.  It is used by a
number of open-source software projects, including Perl and Samba, to
efficiently distribute changes to many users.  By using a number of new
techniques, it can reduce network traffic up to 90% over conventional (e.g.,
ftp) methods.

See http://rsync.samba.org for more information about rsync.

See ftp://ftp.stratus.com/pub/vos/posix/ga/ga.html for the location of the
VOS port of rsync.

This port is supported by me personally, not by Stratus.

Thanks
PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies.
Voice: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610; Video on request.