building problem with rsync up to 2.5.5

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Tue Oct 8 16:18:00 EST 2002

Try using the version of popt included with rsync. You did not specify the
arguments you gave to configure, but you are apparently using the libpopt
from your system libraries, which seems to be missing the necessary manifest
constants.  I know that using "configure --with-included-popt" works for me
on my own operating system (Stratus VOS), where we don't have libpopt at
all.

If you specified what version of Linux you are using, some other person (not
me) might be able to confirm this guess of mine.

PG
--
Paul Green, Senior Technical Consultant, Stratus Technologies.
Voice: +1 978-461-7557; FAX: +1 978-461-3610; Video on request.