How to run rsync as a daemon program taht runs at particular time given

Mike J Crowl crowlmj at stortek.com
Thu Oct 3 20:33:00 EST 2002

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 04:21:40PM -0400, Venkat Reddy Valluri wrote:

> Hi,
>     I want to run rsync as a daemon program so that it can run at particular time in nights given by us
>     any help greatly appreciated
> Thks in advance

You want to run the daemon all the time and have the rsync clients connect to it.  The client side should be run from cron or a windows scheduler.  The clients pull from the rsyncd (which ever server you have that running on).  Unless you have a specific security/capacity issue that requires you to only run the daemon at certain times, there is no reason not to run it all the time.  Hope this helps clarify.

-Mike