rsync daemon exit code

Todd Howard dthoward at mail.com
Wed Oct 2 16:48:01 EST 2002

Greetings,

I'm getting a different exit code from rsh versus daemon when syncing
the same data. I've listed an example below. The exit code is 0 for the
client to daemon example, it does not reflect the Permission denied
errors. The second example is rsh and it returns exit code 23, looks
like it reflects the errors. Any ideas?

I'm using version 2.5.5 on Solaris 7 and 8.

Thanks much for Rsync, its been great! And thanks for the help!

Todd

=

[ xhowardt @ dcit ] /opt/open/rsync/2.5.5/bin/rsync --port=874 --archive dcit.dal.design.ti.com::lotools-1/ /tmp/ame/lotools-1
send_files failed to open //bin/add_punchindex: Permission denied
send_files failed to open //bin/find_platform_exec: Permission denied
send_files failed to open //bin/fix_netlist: Permission denied
send_files failed to open //bin/remove_punchindex: Permission denied
send_files failed to open //bin/spice3_compile_udm: Permission denied
send_files failed to open //bin/tiscope: Permission denied
[ xhowardt @ dcit ] echo $?
0

[ xhowardt @ dcit ] /opt/open/rsync/2.5.5/bin/rsync --archive /tmp/ema/lotools-1/ /tmp/ame/lotools-1
send_files failed to open /tmp/ema/lotools-1/bin/add_punchindex: Permission denied
send_files failed to open /tmp/ema/lotools-1/bin/find_platform_exec: Permission denied
send_files failed to open /tmp/ema/lotools-1/bin/fix_netlist: Permission denied
send_files failed to open /tmp/ema/lotools-1/bin/remove_punchindex: Permission denied
send_files failed to open /tmp/ema/lotools-1/bin/spice3_compile_udm: Permission denied
send_files failed to open /tmp/ema/lotools-1/bin/tiscope: Permission denied
rsync error: partial transfer (code 23) at main.c(578)
[ xhowardt @ dcit ] echo $?
23