rsync rsh XP->Unix Terminal Read cygwin

Pawlowsky, Marc Marc.Pawlowsky at cognos.com
Wed Oct 2 16:07:14 EST 2002

I can not get rsync to work when sending from my XP box to a Solaris,HPUX,or
AIX host using rsh

I am using the cygwin version of rsync, and the windows XP version of remsh.
Can anybody tell me what is happening?  Any hints on what to do next?

Administrator at WOTTPAWLOWM-XP1
/cygdrive/e/perforce_data/atlantic_it4sb2/devroot/
src/iwr/impromptuserver/app.exe/child.lib
$ rsync -v -n --progress  htmltools.cpp defender:/home/pawlowsm/test
Terminal read: The parameter is incorrect.
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(162)

Administrator at WOTTPAWLOWM-XP1
/cygdrive/e/perforce_data/atlantic_it4sb2/devroot/
src/iwr/impromptuserver/app.exe/child.lib
$ rsh defender rsync --version
rsync  version 2.5.5  protocol version 26
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 by Andrew Tridgell and others
<http://rsync.samba.org/>
Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks, batchfiles,
              no IPv6, 64-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums

rsync comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you
are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  See the GNU
General Public Licence for details.

Administrator at WOTTPAWLOWM-XP1
/cygdrive/e/perforce_data/atlantic_it4sb2/devroot/
src/iwr/impromptuserver/app.exe/child.lib
$ rsync --version
rsync  version 2.5.5  protocol version 26
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 by Andrew Tridgell and others
<http://rsync.samba.org/>
Capabilities: 32-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks, batchfiles,
              no IPv6, 32-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums

$