rsync 2.5.5 segmentation fault on Linux x86.

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Tue Oct 1 19:59:00 EST 2002

Erik:  One more thing to try:  redirect in /dev/null to the rsync command.
 At one time, at least, its behaviour was different based on the nature of
its STDIN.  Make sure STDERR and STDIN are redirected somewhere, too...
either a file or null.
Some programs test their STDIO to see what environment they're running in,
and may do something unexpected if they see what appears to be a socket,
for instance(as is the case with some implementations of cron).
I've run into a few other things that didn't want to run from cron until I
overrode STDIO.

Tim Conway
conway.tim at sphlihp.com reorder name and reverse domain
303.682.4917 office, 303.921.0301 cell
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, caesupport2 on AIM
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Erik Enge <eenge at prium.net>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org
10/01/2002 12:49 PM