2.5.6 release

jw schultz jw at pegasys.ws
Mon Nov 18 23:14:01 EST 2002

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 09:53:31AM -0800, Martin Pool wrote:
> On  5 Nov 2002, jw schultz <jw at pegasys.ws> wrote:
> > This might be a good time for tagging 2.5.6 perhaps.  A fair
> > number of bugfixes have gone in, popt updates, and a few new
> > features.  It has been stable for about 2 months.  Unless
> > there is something in the pipeline it sounds like time to
> > release and start on 2.5.7cvs.
>
> Sounds good to me.   I'll do a 2.5.6pre to check next week, unless
> somebody else really wants to do it.

Martin & co,

Any chance of moving forward on this?  We are comming up on
three months of code stability and it looks like there might
be some worthwhile features on the horizon.

It's your call and your time but i think we'd all like to
see a newer stable release that the distros can pick up.
Please just consider this a gentle reminder.

	email address:		jw at pegasys.ws

		Remember Cernan and Schmitt