Rsync and ssh with passwordless authentifikation

Charles Whittington chw at scs.co.uk
Mon Nov 18 16:38:56 EST 2002

I use ssh to tunnel the rsync ports but I think rsync ssh could use the
same technique. You have to start an ssh agent which contains the
passphrase in memory (and therefore is not on the disc anywhere). This
is very well described in O'Reilly SSH The Secure Shell "Snail" book
pages 374/375.

Yours,

Charles Whittington
chw at scs.co.uk