SPAM on List...

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Fri Nov 15 03:23:34 EST 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 09:05:27PM -0500, John E. Malmberg wrote:

> The SAMBA-TECHNICAL list reported that they have gone to the
> bl.spamcop.net blocking list, and it has been relatively spam free since
> then.  The bl.spamcop.net is an aggressive blocking list with a quick
> trigger.

We did start using spamcop for a while but there was way to much
collateral damage inflicted on innocent parties.  For example we missed
several offers of free hosting for the samba.org main server.

At the moment we have tridge's trusty home-grown spam stopper script
which is reasonably effective.  Martin is currently trialling bogofilter
on the rsync list.

Tim.