Rsync speed over network.

Mozzi linux at mostert.nom.za
Tue Nov 12 09:03:01 EST 2002

Haile the list ;-)

I am new to this list and this is my first post so grretings to all and
  nice to meet you.

I am setting up rsync here to do a MASSIVE copy from one machine to the
other.
I am moving mail servers so I must copy /var/spool/mail/ over to the
other machine.
I understand and have used locally the copy methods(manpage is good) but
I need to ask what will be the fstest possible way to copy over the data
from one machine to the other
I have setup two gigabit ethernet cards with a crosover cable and used a
private ip address range (10.0.0.1) between them so security is not an
issue.
I have about 80 000 mailfiles giving a total of about 50Gigs, obviousely
downtime has to be kept to a minnimum.

Tx all

Mozzi
--
  _
( )	Ascii ribbon campaign against html email