Rsync Re: Trailing /

Lachlan Cranswick l.m.d.cranswick at dl.ac.uk
Fri Nov 8 14:43:16 EST 2002

What should be the official behaviour here?

I must admit some of my scripts probably have both
trailing and non-trailing "/".  But just played around
until it was mirroring into the correct directory.

Lachlan.

At 18:20 07/11/02 -0500, you wrote:
>It appears that the trailing slash in the source is being ignored:
>
>rsync -auv clam::root/usr/local/bin/ /tmp/bin
>
>ends up with files under /tmp/bin/bin
>where
>
>rsync -auv clam:/usr/local/bin/ /tmp/bin
>
>works as expected.
>
>rsync -auv 'clam::root/usr/local/bin/*' /tmp/bin
>
>also works as expected.
>

>--

-----------------------
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick

Collaborative Computational Project No 14 (CCP14)
    for Single Crystal and Powder Diffraction
  Birkbeck University of London and Daresbury Synchrotron Laboratory
Postal Address: CCP14 - School of Crystallography,
                Birkbeck College,
                Malet Street, Bloomsbury,
                WC1E 7HX, London,  UK
Tel: (+44) 020 7631 6850   Fax: (+44) 020 7631 6803
E-mail: l.m.d.cranswick at dl.ac.uk   Room: B091
WWW: http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/