2.5.6 release

YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明 yoshfuji at wide.ad.jp
Thu Nov 7 04:47:41 EST 2002

In article <20021106174728.GB30370 at pegasys.ws> (at Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:47:28 -0800), jw schultz <jw at pegasys.ws> says:

> > Please apply my IPv6 ACL patch.
> > This is very important for ipv6-enabled environment.
> >

> Rsync CVS has been stable for about 2 months.  This appears
> to be new functionality.  We make the release and then you
> can argue for inclusion in 2.5.7.  This patch has had no
> discussion or justification.

Are there any "feature freeze" or "code freeze"?
Or,... how about put it in "patches" directory?

> Your earlier posting is the first i had heard of an IPv6
> ACL.  I've heard of ACLs for filesystems and for system
> resources but not for a networking layer such that a normal
> networking program would need to know about.
>
> Next time you submit your patch (in it's own thread) please
> include a paragraph or two illuminating us IPv4 paupers what
> it is.  I'm guessing it does have to do with rsyncd but it
> seems odd to me there would be no changes in rsyncd.conf.

The word "ACL" could be confusing.

It just add IPv6 support for "hosts allow" and "hosts deny" derectives.
For example,

 hosts allow = xxxx:yyyy:zzzz:aaaa:bbbb:cccc:dddd:eeee
or
 hosts allow = xxxx:yyyy:zzzz:aaaa::/64
or
 hosts allow = xxxx:yyyy:zzzz:aaaa::/ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff::

--
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI @ USAGI Project <yoshfuji at linux-ipv6.org>
GPG FP: 9022 65EB 1ECF 3AD1 0BDF  80D8 4807 F894 E062 0EEA