FW: rsync-cvs mail list archiving broken??

Green, Paul Paul.Green at stratus.com
Tue Nov 5 23:30:30 EST 2002

Thanks!

If I can be of any help, please let me know. While I don't have a lot of
free time, either, I enjoy working on open-source software and have several
years of experience porting it to our system.  I'd be happy to try to lend a
hand from time to time, applying well-formed patches or looking at bugs.
Maybe my slack and busy periods would happen at different times from the
other maintainers...  I have access to a number of different operating
system environments to test things, not just my own. (Tho I guess the build
farm obviates the need for that, to a degree).  I want to fix rsync so that
temp file names are not longer than the original name (while still unique).
Our system has a name limit of 32 bytes, and so adding 5 or 6 chars is not a
good idea.

Thanks
PG