Rsync error: partial transfer (code 23) at main.c(926)

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Tue Nov 5 15:26:51 EST 2002

Shoot.  That was the only possibly useful advice I had for you.  Sorry.
Anybody else?

Tim Conway
conway.tim at spilihp.com reorder name and reverse domain
303.682.4917 office, 303.921.0301 cell
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, caesupport2 on AIM
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

"Marco A. Mateos" <marco at lomejordeinternet.net>
11/04/02 05:25 PM

        To:     Tim Conway/LMT/SC/PHILIPS at AMEC
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Rsync error: partial transfer (code 23) at main.c(926)
        Classification:

Error for me... the version installed on my system it's 2.5.5-1.src
(Redhat 8.0)

El lun, 04-11-2002 a las 22:35, tim.conway at philips.com escribió:
> 2.4.anything is no good.
> Download 2.5.5, or the latest CVS snapshot, if you like, and recompile.
> There's a reason these higher versions exist.
> This doesn't guarantee a fix, but rather than redebugging an abandoned
> version, let's get to the state known by the developers.
>
> Tim Conway
> conway.tim at spilihp.com reorder name and reverse domain
> 303.682.4917 office, 303.921.0301 cell
> Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
> 1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
> Longmont, CO 80501
> Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, caesupport2 on AIM
> "There are some who call me.... Tim?"
>

> "Marco A. Mateos" <marco at lomejordeinternet.net>
> Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org
> 11/03/02 01:22 PM
>

>         To:     RSYNC <rsync at lists.samba.org>
>         cc:     (bcc: Tim Conway/LMT/SC/PHILIPS)
>         Subject:        Rsync error: partial transfer (code 23) at
main.c(926)
>         Classification:
>

> I don't use rsync on my server because all time what i use this message
> appears:
>
> zopedocs/GuideToDTML/roman-number.gif is uptodate
> wrote 60 bytes  read 2552145 bytes  6603.38 bytes/sec
> total size is 2211107296  speedup is 866.35
> rsync error: partial transfer (code 23) at main.c(926)
>
> I user this command:
> rsync --progress -prtvv servertoconnect::tagonrsyncd.conf .
>
> (The rsyncd.conf it's allow hosts only my backup server)
>

> Rsync 2.4.6-5 (compiled on machine)
> Redhat 7.2
>
> All software on server and backup server it's the same.
>

> --
Marco A. Mateos
www.lomejordeinternet.net
webmaster at lomejordeinternet