Help on rsync delete option

Chaturvedi.Rajesh Rajesh.Chaturvedi at igt.com
Fri Nov 1 16:40:01 EST 2002

Hello,

Any help on the following issue will be appreciated.

How do I delete files or directories in my first level of directory that is
specified as host. Here is an example :

rsync -avz --delete  ${SOURCE_HOST}:/mlinkfam/extract/sccs/pa/*
/mlinkfam/extract/sccs/pa

Giving above command I find redundant files or directory not getting deleted
from the first level of target directory /mlinkfam/extract/sccs/pa. However,
files or directories do get deleted from  subdirectories
/mlinkfam/extract/sccs/pa/qa or /mlinkfam/extract/sccs/pa/field.

Thanx,

Raj