rsync 2.5.5, HPUX, getting unexplained error at main.c(578)

Paul Haas paulh at hamjudo.com
Thu May 30 11:34:04 EST 2002

Since the process didn't exit, it must still be in the process table.
When you get to this state have your process do something like:
  fprintf(stderr, "The weird process is pid %d\n",pid);
  fflush(stderr);
  sleep(1000);

Then see what ps says about that process.  If that doesn't offer any
hints, attach to the process with gdb, vdb, wdb, dde or some other
debugger.

My HP-UX system doesn't have a signal 64, either.