rsync 2.5.5, HPUX, getting unexplained error at main.c(578)

Charles F. Fisher chuck at bureau13.cc.uky.edu
Thu May 30 10:35:02 EST 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 11:53:34AM -0400, Paul Haas wrote:
> On Wed, 29 May 2002, Allen D. Winter wrote:

Much stuff snipped..

> The EINTR case doesn't make sense with WNOHANG, but HP-UX doesn't always
> do things that make sense.  If you get the "Now what should I do?"
> message, then add code to check WIFSIGNALED(), WIFSTOPPED() and
> WIFCONTINUED() and do something appropriate.  If you reach the perror(),
> hopefully the text there will offer some clues.
>
> I don't have an HP-UX 11.11 system, I'm looking at the manpages on
> an HP-UX 11.00 system.

Thank you for the code snippit - checking WIFSIGNALED() showed a non-zero
result, WTERMSIG() returned 64, which isn't in /usr/include/sys/signal.h.
In any case WIFEXITED() was returning 0, so WEXITSTATUS was returning garbage.
Any idea was signal 64 would be?  It's being returned consistently; if it's
a normal termination signal I'll fix the routine to treat it as such.