rsync 2.5.5, HPUX, getting unexplained error at main.c(578)

Allen D. Winter winterz at earthlink.net
Wed May 29 14:51:01 EST 2002

Once upon a time I threw printfs all over the source looking to track down
the cause of this problem.  Seemingly a random error code is generated
each time rsync is run *succesfully* on HPUX.

I finally found that in the wait_process() function in main.c, the status
value returned from WEXITSTATUS() was apparently returning
the pid of the child instead of the exit status of the child... or something
like that.

I've learned to ignore the error codes and live with it.
Love to see this fixed.