Rsync problem

emery.guevremont at cynovad.com emery.guevremont at cynovad.com
Tue May 28 07:02:02 EST 2002

I've looked in a lot of places but found nothing. I'm trying to perform an
rsync between 2 RH 7.2 boxes with kernel 2.4.14. My rsync version is 2.4.6
protocol version 24

Here is the command I'm passing:

/usr/bin/rsync -a -vv -C --progress --delete -e ssh /tmp
remote.host.com:/tmp

Everytime I run this command with one of the users, I get this error:

"building file list ... pop_dir /tmp : Permission denied"

The strange thing is that I have about 5 users who have the same
permissions to run this command, but only one of them gets it. Any ideas?

--

Emery Guévremont,
Systems administrator and Customer Support
emery at cynovad.com
1-800-595-9059 ext: 214