AW: rsync without syncing file permissions under W2K

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Thu May 23 06:07:02 EST 2002

I see.  you're saying that rsync doesn't affect permissions.  I assume you
have ntea and ntsec in your $CYGWIN, so you can actually see the
atrributes.  Otherwise, all files will show as -rw-r--r--, unless they
have an executable extension or begin with an interpreter (#!) line, and
all directories will show as drwxr-xr-x, no matter what the windows
permissions are, and you may actually be getting the behaviour you want,
and not really have a problem.  If that's not the case, make sure you have
the parent directory set with the permissions you want, and that it is set
to bequeath those permissions on all new items created under it.
If neither of them is the problem, i'm stumped.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

"Wernicke, Heino (CGS)" <extern.heino.wernicke at volkswagen.de>
05/23/2002 01:46 AM