file size 0 or null content

Eric Whiting ewhiting at amis.com
Tue May 21 12:56:02 EST 2002

I think I was one of the 3 people to see this problem.

Our setup was a Solaris 8 client writing to a Network Appliance NFS
server. We do our rsyncs direct to the box with the disk on it when we
can, but in the case of the Netapp storage we have to use NFS.

I guess I should be sure that the automatic --whole-file option is
disabled when I'm writing to NFS disk like that -- but in the case where
ssh is the transport isn't the rolling checksum active even if the
source/dest are distinct hosts and both running against NFS storage? If
not then I need to disable that somehow.

The --checksum flag cleaned up the file will nulls for me.

eric