Rsync and files larger than 2 GB in size on HP-UX 64bit

Luca Berra bluca at comedia.it
Mon May 20 08:50:01 EST 2002

Hello,
I read the suggestion posted on this list about
adding -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE to build rsync, but
it does not work correctly on my platform
which is an: 9000/800/N4000-55 with 64bit hp-ux using
HP's C compiler (B3901BA)
i solved the problem by building rsync as a 64 bit
application:
CFLAGS='+O3 +DD64' ./configure --prefix=/opt/rsync

could you please add this flag to configure if
getconf KERNEL_BITS returns 64

regards,
L.

P.S. i am not on this list so please flame me privately

Luca Berra -- bluca at comedia.it
        Communication Media & Services S.r.l.
 /"\
 \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN