Improving the rsync protocol (RE: Rsync dies)

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Fri May 17 14:00:02 EST 2002

Wayne:  If anybody can make that work, I'd bet you could.  The basic rsync
algorythm is in place, so as you say, it would mostly be a matter of list
generation.  You'd have to hold on to any files with <1 link, in a
seperate list, to find all the linkage relationships, which could grow a
bit, but it does sound more efficient.  Maybe a third pipe to send the
files over as you go?

Mind:  I'm not offering to help.  It's too complicated for my tiny mind.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Wayne Davison <wayned at users.sourceforge.net>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org