rsynch related question

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Fri May 17 10:37:02 EST 2002

Doesn't AFS do inter-cell communication?  Why not just have first1 - /afs/tr/software be the RW replica, and  second1 -
/afs/ddc/software be a RO replica?  You just release them all instead of messing with rsync
at all?  With the source constantly changing, you'll generate a lot fewer
errors that way, and it'll be a lot easier on your resources.

If AFS can't do this, I apologize for the useless info.  My experience is
with IBM/TransARC DCE/DFS (and that's almost 2 years stale).

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

"Umadevi C Reddy" <rumadevi at in.ibm.com>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org