Status Query - Please respond - Re: Patch to avoid 'Connection reset by peer' error for rsync on cygwin

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Fri May 17 04:08:02 EST 2002

Combined reply:

Mark - Point taken. But even if it worked correctly everywhere, to me there
seems to be something aesthetically wrong about just letting sockets close
themselves. Kind of like a malloc() without a free().

Wayne - Wouldn't the atexit solution require that we keep a list of fds to
close? Anyway, I think it is now up to me to make a patch which fixes the
problem in the most discreet and unsweeping manner possible, and then post it
for Martin to decide.

Max.