Status Query - Please respond - Re: Patch to avoid 'Connection reset by peer' error for rsync on cygwin

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 16 17:50:02 EST 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Max Bowsher wrote:
> That just moves the shutdown call from where you finish with the fd to
> where you start using the fd - that's got to be less intuitive.

Being more or less intuitive is not the point.  The idea was to have as
little cygwin kludge code as possible.  Thus, we'd just have one call to
atexit() during startup, with the single cleanup function being able to
handle any and all opened sockets, and we're done (if this is even
feasible -- I haven't looked into it).  This was prompted by Martin's
statement that he considers this a cygwin bug -- I was assuming that he
didn't want to make sweeping changes to all the cleanup code in rsync.
Whether he wants to handle this in a more invasive manner is up to him.