Status Query - Please respond - Re: Patch to avoid 'Connection reset by peer' error for rsync on cygwin

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 15 13:13:01 EST 2002

Here's an idea which I haven't had a chance to investigate:

Would it be possible to use atexit() to register a call to shutdown()
for cygwin (or a call to a custom function that would call shutdown()
for the appropriate socket fds)?  This should allow cgywin's broken
socket code to get properly cleaned up without having to sprinkle a
bunch of cygwin-specific code all over the source (as long as the
socket fds don't get closed before we start the exit handling).