Status Query - Please respond - Re: Patch to avoid 'Connection reset by peer' error for rsync on cygwin

Bob Byrnes byrnes at curl.com
Tue May 14 09:37:02 EST 2002

On May 14,  6:26am, maxb at ukf.net (Max Bowsher) wrote:
-- Subject: rsync digest, Vol 1 #717 - 12 msgs

> + After thinking about it a bit more I'm somewhat inclined to call it a
> + bug in Cygwin and try to get them to fix it.
>
> Well, you could, but I'd much prefer it if you didn't :-)
> I guess its time for you to make an executive descision - Is it reasonable
> to include code in rsync to close sockets, even though exit() does it anyway
> on most platforms. I would argue that a few close_socket() calls woudn't
> cause any clutter - but then my interest is obviously focused on cygwin.

-- End of excerpt from Max Bowsher

Are you all aware of the work done by Jonathan Kamens last July?
See bug 3236 ...

http://rsync.samba.org/cgi-bin/rsync/incoming?id=3236

Sorry if this has already been discussed: I am joining the thread late.

Bob Byrnes                        e-mail: byrnes at curl.com
Curl Corporation                  phone:  617-761-1200
400 Technology Square, 8th Floor  fax:    617-761-1201
Cambridge, MA  02139