Help please... rsync 2.5.5 on Solaris 2.7

Matt Gavin mattgav at tempo.com.au
Mon May 13 19:31:01 EST 2002

Hi all, I have just re-joined the list. I have been using Rsync on my
Linux servers for a number of years now without fault. I now have the
need to Rsync data between two Solaris 2.7 servers.

This has got me stumped... Hoping that someone might have a quick answer
for me?

bash-2.03$ rsync -auvvvz sydney:/sun /sun
opening connection using remsh sydney
rsync --server --sender -vvvulogDtprz . /sun
bash: rsync: command not found
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=150): about to call exit(12)
bash-2.03$

I can happily rsh and rcp these between these two hosts as the user... I
have tried both the Sparc PKG at http://rsync.org and compiled with the
latest source including the latest Zlib. What am I doing wrong?

Tia
M@