--passord-file doesn't work

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Mon May 13 10:01:02 EST 2002

sorry for slow reply.  busy.
my point is that you must NOT use the rsyncd.secrets file as the password
file.
the password file is to be a file contining a single line, which is only
the password.
rsync won't parse the secrets file to determine what password goes with
what user.  It expects to be told the password, either interactively,
through the password-file, or via the $RSYNC_PASSWORD environment
variable.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Francois Chenais <francois at chenais.net>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org