Synchronizing uids on deferent machines running winbind

Shlomi Bachar shlomi at airslide.com
Mon May 13 06:52:44 EST 2002

Hello,

 I've a small Linux network, NFS amd NIS server with three clients. Each machine is running winbind to connect to a windows 2000 domain. All is working fine, I just have a problem synchronizing the uids generated by the winbind to a windows user that logs on to the Linux network. For example, on one machine a user can get uid 10000 and on another machine the same user can have uid 10001.

 Is there a way to sync these uids between the Linux machine?
 Can I use the NIS server to do the winbind connection and update the NIS database so that the Linux clients wouldn't have to run the winbind service?

Thanks,
 Shlomi Bachar
 IT Manager
 Airslide Systems Ltd.