bug report

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Sat May 11 01:19:02 EST 2002

On Fri, 10 May 2002, jw schultz wrote:
> Also the example is an odd one.

It doesn't seem odd to me since the -l option is the one that I've used
most in ssh (when I don't use the config file to avoid all options).
The important part of the example is showing how it's quoted, so what's
in it could certainly be tweaked.  I like the addition of your
"presented as a single argument" caveat to the text.

I had added the extra "chattiness" because, even though it is possible
to override ssh via -e, doing this is really a less desirable solution
than using the .ssh/config file.  I thought it might be helpful to point
people at the better solution so they can avoid having to use the -e
option at all.  If others don't like this text, it could be removed.

As for the -1 option, it just forces the ssh1 protocol.  I left it there
since it was the option that started the discussion.