Possible exclude bug in 2.5.5 in rsyncd.conf

pyxl pyxl at jerrell.com
Fri May 10 14:27:01 EST 2002

Hello all,

I've found some behavior in 2.5.5 that is contrary to the documentation
in the man page.

Specifically, I'm running an rsync server (i.e. from inetd with
--daemon),and in the module definition I'm specifying the line "exclude
nosyncdir".  The documentation for rsyncd.conf indicates that this is
exactly equivalent to using "--exclude nosyncdir" on the client side.
 I'm finding, however, that if I specify it on the server side, it's
ignored, and the dir structure of nosyncdir and below is transferred.
 If I use the client side option however, it works as expected, that
being the nosyncdir dir structure is not transferred.

I've tried the variations *nosyncdir*, *nosyncdir/*, nosyncdir,
nosyncdir/* and nosyncdir* - none of them work on the server side.

Hopefully someone can shine some light on this, either to confirm that
it's a bug or correct my syntax if it's off.

Scott