Send Password with RSYNC_PASSWORD ore --password-file

Manfred Gnaedig rp40265 at rp-plus.de
Sat May 4 13:56:02 EST 2002

Ok,
lets trie at first with out ssh.

I was trie this:

#!/bin/csh
setenv RSYNC_PASSWORD mypassword
rsync --verbose --compress --recursive /home/www/web10
217.172.xxx.xxx/home/www/web10

But i get this:

bigspace4you:~ # /etc/rsync.script
building file list ... done
mkdir 217.172.xxx.xxx/home/www/web10 : No such file or directory (1)
unexpected EOF in read_timeout
bigspace4you:~ #

I know i am not an expert fore this but i hope somebody can help me.
Greatings
Manfred Gnädig