rsync as a backup solution

Mike Rubel mrubel at galcit.caltech.edu
Fri May 3 16:12:11 EST 2002

Eric,

I'm going to use this opportunity to shamelessly plug my website:

http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/

By keeping multiple rotating backup "snapshots", you can protect yourself
should one or more of them get hosed, and you still won't need a huge
amount of extra storage.  All you need are rsync and cp.

Mike