[rsync-announce] rsync release candidate rsync-2.5.5rc1 available

Jeff Sumey jsumey at hhs.net
Sun Mar 31 04:12:26 EST 2002

Hi Martin,
An avid rsync fan here...
I've been using rsync between 2 Solaris 8 x86 boxes for over a year now with
excellent results.
I updated box#1 from 2.4.6 to this 2.5.5rc1 and box#2 still running 2.4.6
still worked great.
I just updated box #2 to 2.5.5rc1 as well, and it still works great.
Using gcc 2.95 to compile on both ends.
Thought you'd appreciate this info...
Best,
--Jeff
Jeff Sumey, A. Prof.
Dept. of Applied Engineering & Technology
California University of PA.
www.aet.cup.edu/~jsumey