File permission umask howto?

Diburim diburim at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 30 21:36:48 EST 2002

I'm trying to figure out how to cause rsync to
create the file on the backup server with 700 permission
and specific owner "some_user" (not root)

I try to do it in several way with no success.

The command I'm using is:
rsync -r -t -v -z /dir some_user at server::module
so that it don't copy permission

It always give the files 744 permission, that mean that every on can read
the file !
I want it to be 700.

I try to change the umask command in /root/.bashrc and ~some_user/./.bashrc
umask 077 but it didn't help

I don't want to change it in /etc/profile is possible.

How can I do it ?

I'm using rsync 2.5.4 and Redhat Linux 7.0

Dib Urim