(fwd from uke@jeremy.org) thanks and patch

jeremy bornstein uke at jeremy.org
Wed Mar 20 03:21:36 EST 2002

Martin,

The encryption program I'm using, gpg, includes a small bit of header
information with the encrypted file, thus changing the size.  Gpg is a
public key encryption program which at least includes the numeric key
ID of the recipient's key.  Since folks can have many keys, this is
useful information to have with each bit of data.  It might be
possible to strip this information off, but then the whole process
would be version-sensitive and thus error-prone, which is not what I'd
like in a backup program!

(There's much more info at <URL:http://www.gnupg.org/> if you like.)

I suspect I'm not the only one who would be interested in using this
feature for this purpose, but of course I can't say for certain.

Best,

-jeremy

--
                   jeremy bornstein <jeremy at thinger.org>