Need help getting rsync working...

Brad rsyncuser at sportingwheelies.org.au
Wed Mar 13 16:35:00 EST 2002

Thanks for the reply Dave. I have added your recommended, "read only = no"
to rsyncd.conf and put 2 colons as you suggested, and now I get:

rsync /tmp/sheepb.jpg RH72TB::tmp/

@ERROR: Unknown module 'tmp'

Should I be able to see the server listening on Port 873?

Here is the netstat output:
===========================
[root at RH72TB xinetd.d]# netstat -l
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 *:1024                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 RH72TB:1025      *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:rsync                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:netbios-ssn         *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ftp                      *:*
LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                     *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:telnet                  *:*                     LISTEN
udp        0      0 *:1024                 *:*
udp        0      0 192.168.0.20:netbios-ns *:*
udp        0      0 *:netbios-ns            *:*
udp        0      0 192.168.0.2:netbios-dgm *:*
udp        0      0 *:netbios-dgm           *:*
udp        0      0 *:810                   *:*
udp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*
Active UNIX domain sockets (only servers)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node Path
unix  2      [ ACC ]     STREAM     LISTENING     1133
/tmp/.font-unix/fs7100

It doesn't appear to be listed.

Regards,
Brad