rsync 2.5.2 doens't compile on Tru64 5.1

Zoong Pham dpham at mercy.com.au
Thu Mar 7 16:09:01 EST 2002

Hi all,

I have rsync 2.5.1 (with a patch from albert chin - china at thewrittenword.com)
installed OK on Tru64 5.1 UNIX.
When I run rsync, it doesn't work with special files (FIFO, socket,...)
Here is the error:
   mknod cluster/members/member1/dev/binlogdmb : Invalid argument
   mknod cluster/members/member1/dev/log : Invalid argument
   mknod cluster/members/member1/dev/printer : Invalid argument
   mknod cluster/members/member2/dev/binlogdmb : Invalid argument
   mknod cluster/members/member2/dev/log : Invalid argument
   mknod cluster/members/member2/dev/printer : Invalid argument
   mknod cluster/members/member2/tmp/mysql.sock : Invalid argument
   rsync error: partial transfer (code 23) at main.c(537)

alpha2> ls -l /cluster/members/member2/dev/printer
srwxrwxrwx   1 root     system         0 Dec 19 06:22 /cluster/members/member2/dev/printer

I searched on this mailing list and apply a patch from Andrew Flury
<andrew at flury.org> to rsync 2.5.2. Now I can't even compile 2.5.2.
Here is the error messages with GNU C compiler:
   gcc -I. -I. -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -W -I./popt -c syscall.c -o syscall.o
   syscall.c: In function `do_mknod':
   syscall.c:81: structure has no member named `sun_len'
   syscall.c:81: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
   syscall.c:81: warning: signed and unsigned type in conditional
   expression
   make: *** [syscall.o] Error 1

Here is the error messages with Compaq C compiler:
   usr/bin/cc -I. -I. -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I./popt -c syscall.c -o
   syscall.o
   cc: Error: syscall.c, line 81: In this statement, "sun_len" is not a
   member of "saddr". (needmember)
   saddr.sun_len = len > sizeof(saddr.sun_path) ?
                   sizeof(saddr.sun_path): len;
   make: *** [syscall.o]
   Error 1

Does anyone know what is wrong ?

Thanks
Zoong Pham                        zpham at mercy.com.au
UNIX Systems Administrator        Mercy Health and Aged Care Inc.

To get my PGP public key, email me with the subject:
Request for Zoong Pham's PGP public key