Rsync 2.4.6 and Hammerd CPU's

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Tue Jun 18 14:46:03 EST 2002

Are you running multiple rsyncs in parallel?  I don't see how a single
rsync can use up 4 CPUs when rsync is only 1 or 2 processes depending on
whether it is sending or receiving, respectively.  If you are running
multiple rsyncs, cut down on the number you're doing in parallel.

Rsync does use up a bit of memory for every file it visits in a single
run.  A redesign to avoid that has long been under discusion but it
hasn't been implemented.

- Dave Dykstra