Losing hope.

Aharon aharon at superfreeway.com
Fri Jun 14 08:07:02 EST 2002

Here is some output.  File >2 gigs, it hangs when allowing it to do a
partial send.. But, if I specify --whole-file it will eventually crash
with an error.

aurora:/premdordev/MP5 # rsync -avvz --progress --whole-file SM.ORDERS
n4000:/premdor/MP5/SM.ORDERS
opening connection using remsh n4000 rsync --server -vvlWogDtprz .
/premdor/MP5/SM.ORDERS
building file list ...
expand file_list to 4000 bytes, did move
1 file to consider
delta-transmission disabled for local transfer or --whole-file
SM.ORDERS
rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 16385 bytes: phase "unknown":
Broken pipe
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(515)

Here is my rsync info, it does the same in 2.5.5 vs 2.5.6cvs, so I am
sticking with the cvs version:

n4000:/premdor # rsync
rsync  version 2.5.6cvs  protocol version 26
Copyright (C) 1996-2002 by Andrew Tridgell and others
<http://rsync.samba.org/>
Capabilities: 64-bit files, socketpairs, hard links, symlinks, batchfiles,
              no IPv6, 32-bit system inums, 64-bit internal inums

Thanks,
Aharon

--
Sr Unix Administrator