Possible UID/GID bug in chrooted shells?

Tom Worley raq at worley.co.uk
Thu Jun 13 12:56:56 EST 2002

On Thursday 13 June 2002 5:40 am, Martin Pool wrote:
> What do you mean by that?  Their /etc/passwd shell is some "chrooted
> session" program?  If  you wrote it please post the source, otherwise
> what is the name.
Setup as described here:
http://tjw.org/chroot-login-HOWTO/
(but with only the libs required for rsync, bash and su)
Basically the shell is a wrapper that runs chroot (using sudo privaledges)
then su -'s to the user inside the chroot

You don't have to CC the replies to me as I'm subscribed to the list, but thx
anyhow ;-) (he says replying to the wrong one.. doh!)
Regards,
Tom Worley
Worley Web Solutions
http://www.worleyweb.net