update wrong date, soft links, Debian stable, -L, ...

Colin Walters walters at debian.org
Mon Jun 3 00:12:02 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-05-18 at 01:32, John D. Hendrickson wrote:
> Debian r2.5 (Potato)
>     rsync version 2.3.2  protocol version 21
>     ( the latest stable deb version anyway :)
>
> RE: absolutely older file keeps getting chosen for update

This could be some sort of NFS bug, but you might want to try the latest
version of rsync (2.5.5) to see if it solves the problem.  It's pretty
easy to recompile it for potato; install libpopt-dev, and dpkg-source -x
the sources, then cd rsync-2.5.5 && fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc.

If you don't feel like doing that, I've put up rsync 2.5.5 compiled for
potato on i386 here:

http://people.debian.org/~walters/debian/staging/