rsync memory usage

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Wed Jul 17 06:49:07 EST 2002

Lutz:  This has been a frequent topic of discussion.  Wayne Davidson (and
probably others) is working on a different way, but currently, this method
is integral to rsync, and to change it will be a major revision.  For my
application, I actually had to write my own syncronization program that
breaks down the comparison and propogation processes to thinner streams,
but my procedure acts like rsync with -W, and with no capability to do -c.
You may have to do what many others do - break your trees into branches
and burn them one at a time.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917 office, 3039210301 cell
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Lutz Pressler <Lutz.Pressler at SerNet.DE>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org
07/17/2002 03:27 AM