rsync - how to exclude all and allow only some files/dirs

Zdenek Pizl pizl at systinet.com
Mon Jul 15 02:16:02 EST 2002

Hallo,

 i searched archive of list, google.com and found nothing suitable :(

My problem  is : i would like to rsync only directory /lib/modules/2.4.18-5
and nothing else. As a second condition i'd like to use rsync server at
source side and suck files to the destination. The server module, let's name
it [test], have "exclude from =/etc/exclude" and "include from =/etc/include"
directives.

exclude :
- /.*
- /*/
- /bin
- /boot
- /dev
- /etc
- /home
- /home2
- /initrd
- /lib
- /lost+found
- /misc
- /mnt
- /opt
- /proc
- /root
- /sbin
- /soft
- /tmp
- /usr
- /var

(every directory under /)

include:
+ /lib/modules/
+ /lib/modules/2.4.18-5
+ /lib/modules/2.4.18-5/
+ /lib/modules/2.4.18-5/**
+ /lib/modules/2.4.18-5/**/*

- BUT I can't managed it to success. Nothing is transfred :( Where am i doing
a mistake ??

						thanks
							Z.P.