rsync from linux client to windows server

Philipp von Strobl- Albeg pvsa01 at web.de
Sun Jul 14 15:48:01 EST 2002

hello,
I've tried to get a backup cron-Job running, that backup up the files from the windows PC to a backup directory on the linux pc.

Linux is client with ssh and rsync 2.5.5.
Windows 2000 is server with openssh.34p1.
I've copied additional some windows ported rsync files to c:\programme\networksimplicity\ssh\.

typing "rsync -e ssh server:/ -rv client::backup" the linux console says after a long time

"rsync: not found
  rsync: connection unexpectly closed (0 bites read so far)
  rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(150)"

- what did i wrong ?
- where to place the rsync files, and which one, and what version of rsync  (it is in the moment    2.4.6 or alternative 2.5.1-2) ?
- how do I get the rsync telling me more what it does ?
- what meens this "code 12"

I'm really pleased for for any suggestions !!