rsync 2.5.5 Tru64 5.1

David Starks-Browning starksb at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Jul 13 01:45:16 EST 2002

On Friday 12 Jul 02, Dang, Tan writes:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile rsync 2.5.5 on a Tru64 box.  I downloaded
> configure.in revision 1.148, which I believe is the correct fix for the
> getaddrinfo problem; however I still have errors compiling rsync.  Also I
> had to change line 22 in options.c from #include "popt.h" to #include
> "popt/popt.h".  Any suggestions or ideas?

I'm tempted not to respond just because you do such a poor job of
problem reporting.  What version of Tru64?  What cc?  What, exactly,
were the errors?

I guess you are using Digital cc, because rsync-2.5.5 builds OOTB for
me with gcc on Tru64.

I recall there being a number of Digital cc -specific changes posted
to this mailing list in the past months, you should check the
archives.  (I didn't track them because I don't use Digital cc.)

Regards,
David